Legal News Articles - Accidents
February 3, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Has California Cell Phone Law Reduced Car Accidents? ]
Los Angeles, CA California's 18-month-old ban on hand-held cell phone usage in cars seems to have made no difference on California car accident statistics, reports the Highway Loss Data Institute. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) has disputed the results of the study, according to KABC Los Angeles. The CHP has issued 231,000 tickets since mid-2008 and says that crashes and fatalities dropped 20 percent in the first six months after the hands-free legislation went into effect.
February 3, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Final Report on Colgan Air Plane Crash Blames Pilots, Airline, Procedures ]
Buffalo, NY The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) released its final report last night on the ill-fated Continental Connection Flight 3407 (Colgan Air) that crashed into a Buffalo suburb last year. The report blamed the plane crash primarily on the pilots, but indicate that the tragedy was endemic of a larger problem plaguing the airline industry.
February 2, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ A Year After Buffalo Plane Crash, Questions Remain ]
Clarence Center, NY It has been a year since an apparently uneventful commuter flight from Newark shocked the country by mismanaging its flying speed, ignoring various warning signs and literally dropping onto a house. One occupant of the house and everyone aboard Continental Connection Flight 3407 was killed in the plane crash.
February 1, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Other Drivers Often the Cause of Motorcycle Accidents ]
San Diego, CA According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcycle accidents have been on the rise for at least ten years in California, reflecting a nationwide trend of increasing motorcycle accident rates.
January 18, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ California Helicopter Crash Claims Four Lives ]
Fresno, CA A helicopter crashed into power lines in California's Central Valley five days into the New Year, taking the lives of the pilot and the three passengers aboard.
January 14, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ School Bus Accident Death Revives Seat Belt Debate ]
Hartford, CT Most school buses are not equipped with seatbelts. However, a school bus accident in Hartford that killed one student and injured several others has incited a new seat belt debate that might actually get legislation passed.
January 10, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Illinois Plane Crash Kills Two ]
Wheeling, IL Just a few days into the New Year, an airplane crash took the lives of two people and destroyed the plane itself. Officials investigating the accident found two bodies amidst a wide debris field, although there was expected to be a delay in removing them.
January 7, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Tragic Car Accident Claims Life of 22-Year-Old Washington Man ]
Bellingham, WA A car accident early in the New Year spelled disaster for a young Washington man. The irony is that 22-year-old Joshua Kuhlman made sure his intoxicated friends got home safely after a night of drinking, only to lose his life in a drunken car accident mere hours later.
January 5, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Sacramento Car Accidents Claim Lives over the Holidays ]
Sacramento, CA December was a bad month for car accidents in the Sacramento area. The latest involved a man traveling the wrong way on the freeway in the wee hours on Tuesday, December 29. The car crash killed two individuals, including the wrong-way driver.
December 30, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Los Angeles Car Crash Involves Commuter Train ]
Los Angeles, CA It could have been worse. A Los Angeles car crash that occurred two days before Christmas injured a young child and several others—but no deaths were reported.
- Texas Car Crash Kills Popular Teen Just Before Christmas By Gordon Gibb (Dec-28-09)
- American Airlines Flight Endures Hard Landing in Jamaica, Dozens Injured By Gordon Gibb (Dec-23-09)
- Car Collides with Train, Taking Two Lives in Vermont By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-09)
- Four Contractors Cited in Texas Employment Deaths By Gordon Gibb (Dec-18-09)
- Pilots Blamed by Employer for Buffalo Plane Crash By Gordon Gibb (Dec-17-09)
- Horrific Auto Accident Claims Five Lives By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-09)
- California Car Crash Update: Driver Charged By Gordon Gibb (Dec-1-09)
- Aviation Attorney Ron Goldman Explains Coordination of Clarence Center Crash Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Dec-1-09)
- Canadian Float Plane Crashes, Six Perish By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-09)
- California Auto Accident Tragedy By Gordon Gibb (Nov-27-09)
- Fire Accident Aboard Tugboat Claims Two Lives By Gordon Gibb (Nov-24-09)
- Rocking the Boat over Cruise Ship Accident By Gordon Gibb (Nov-22-09)
- Miley Cyrus Tour Bus Crashes, Singer Not on Board By Gordon Gibb (Nov-20-09)
- Two Killed, 21 Hurt in Minnesota Tour Bus Crash By Gordon Gibb (Nov-19-09)
- Former Death Row Inmate Killed in Texas Car Crash By Gordon Gibb (Nov-14-09)
- One Woman Dead and One Police Officer Injured in Connecticut Motorcycle Accident By Charles Benson (Nov-13-09)
- Two Plane Crashes, Two Mysteries By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-09)
- Heartbreaking Loss Surrounding Washington Car Crash By Gordon Gibb (Nov-10-09)
- California cop killed in gruesome car accident By Charles Benson (Nov-6-09)
- Gas Pipeline Explodes in Texas By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-09)
- Military Helicopter Crash Shifts from Rescue to Recovery: Officials By Gordon Gibb (Nov-3-09)
- Coast Guard Plane and Marine Chopper Collide Off California By Gordon Gibb (Oct-30-09)
- California Car Crash the Result of High Speed Chase By Gordon Gibb (Oct-18-09)
- Attorney Fought for More and Got it By Brenda Craig (Oct-3-09)
- Car Accident Death in Raleigh, Doctor Charged By Gordon Gibb (Sep-19-09)
- New law could increase number of brain injury cases in the Northeast By Charles Benson (Sep-13-09)
- Car Accidents: Life Sentence for Impaired Driver By Jane Mundy (Sep-12-09)
- New York Car Accident Takes Eight Lives By Heidi Turner (Aug-11-09)
- Car Accident Victim Settles for $125,000 in Colorado By Gordon Gibb (Jul-1-09)
- Many Questions Involved in Car Accident Litigation By Heidi Turner (Jun-6-09)
- Death Rate of Seniors in Car Crashes Studied By Gordon Gibb (May-10-09)
- Southern California Bus Crash Kills Five By Lucy Campbell (Apr-29-09)
- Drinking and Driving? Charge the Cab to Attorney Berg By Brenda Craig (Apr-25-09)
- Old People Deserve Justice Too By Brenda Craig (Apr-3-09)
- Tragic Car Crash Kills Expectant Mother By Gordon Gibb (Mar-29-09)
- Mexican Bus Crash Kills Eight Americans By Lucy Campbell (Mar-17-09)
- Colorado Car Accident Kills Child By Gordon Gibb (Feb-17-09)
- Bicycle Accidents Need Bicycle Lawyers By Brenda Craig (Feb-4-09)
- Bus Overturns in Arizona, Killing 7 Tourists By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-09)
- One Tragic Car Accident, One Remarkable Oversight By Gordon Gibb (Jan-30-09)