Legal News Articles - Accidents
March 16, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Small Plane Kills Jogger While Making Emergency Landing ]
Hilton Head, SC Last night a man out jogging along the Palmetto Dunes of Hilton Head, South Carolina, was killed instantly when a small plane in distress plowed into him while attempting an emergency landing. The pilot of the Experimental Lancair IV-P plane, who was flying with a single passenger, reported that the plane was experiencing mechanical difficulties, that the propeller had detached and there was oil on the windshield.
March 16, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Police Investigating Toyota's Responsibility in Massachusetts Car Crash ]
Yarmouth, MA Police are investigating a car crash in which a 2010 Toyota Rav4 crashed into a plastic surgeon's office in Yarmouth.
March 15, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ A Future Dashed by a California Car Crash ]
Los Angeles, CA A recent California car crash took the life of an off-duty Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officer just two weeks after she became engaged to be married.
March 12, 2010. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Toyota Accelerator Caused Rollover ]
Big Bear Lake, CA "I had never rolled a vehicle in my life—I'm 46 and I do a lot of driving," says Jim. But then one day, the accelerator pedal on his Toyota 2005 Tundra stuck and he spun out of control at 60 mph. "What's weird is that Toyota hasn't filed a lawsuit against me—I believe they know they don't have a hope in hell, especially now that a class action lawsuit has been filed against them," says Jim.
March 12, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Texting While Driving Causes Texas Car Crash ]
Darien, TX A 24-year-old Darien man was arrested last week in the aftermath of a Texas car crash that may have resulted from text messaging while driving.
March 8, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Renewed Search for Air France Flight 447 ]
Paris, FRANCE More than nine months after the June 2009 crash of Air France Flight 447, authorities are launching a renewed effort to locate the wreckage of the plane. According to a report published on 3/8/10 in USA Today, Air France and Airbus paid $14 million for a collection of advanced underwater robots to undertake the task of recovering the black box, flight data recorders and any remaining victims still trapped in the wreckage.
March 7, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Fifteen-Year Prison Term for Horrific Maryland Car Crash ]
Accokeek, MD The Washington Post called it one of the worst car accidents in state history. In the early hours of February 16, 2008, two drivers became involved in an illegal street race on Route 210, mowing down and killing eight bystanders. The Post reported on 3/2/10 that one of the two drivers was sentenced to 15 years in prison. The other will be retried on vehicular manslaughter counts on October 18.
March 6, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Relatives of Family Killed in Lexus Crash Sue Toyota ]
San Diego, CA The car accident that set off the massive Toyota recall will soon be moving through the courts of law. The Los Angeles Times reports that relatives of the family killed in a high-speed Lexus crash last summer have launched a lawsuit against the world's largest car manufacturer.
March 6, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Officials Blame Detroit Firefighter for Train Crash ]
Detroit, MI City officials are blaming a Detroit firefighter for a train crash Monday morning occurred when a Chicago-bound Amtrak train collided with a fire truck that was parked on the railroad tracks.
March 5, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Crash of Charter Bus Kills Six ]
Phoenix, AZ Six people died in a commercial passenger bus crash early this morning on Interstate 10 south of Phoenix, Arizona. According to a spokesperson with the Arizona Department of Public Safety (ADPS), the the bus rear ended a car while gliding along the highway.
- GAO Investigates Role of Icing in Plane Crashes By Heidi Turner (Feb-28-10)
- Tragic School Bus Accident Kills Texas Teen By Gordon Gibb (Feb-21-10)
- Two People Killed in California Motorcycle Crash By Gordon Gibb (Feb-21-10)
- Troubling Allegations in the Wake of Gas Accident Explosion By Gordon Gibb (Feb-19-10)
- Austin Office Building Struck by Small Plane By Lucy Campbell (Feb-18-10)
- New Jersey Plane Crash Kills Five By Gordon Gibb (Feb-16-10)
- At Least Three Dead in Phoenix Helicopter Crash By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-10)
- Helicopter Crash Kills Two US Haiti Volunteers By Lucy Campbell (Feb-9-10)
- Investigation Continues into Colorado Mid-Air Plane Crash By Gordon Gibb (Feb-8-10)
- Has California Cell Phone Law Reduced Car Accidents? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-3-10)
- Final Report on Colgan Air Plane Crash Blames Pilots, Airline, Procedures By Gordon Gibb (Feb-3-10)
- A Year After Buffalo Plane Crash, Questions Remain By Gordon Gibb (Feb-2-10)
- Other Drivers Often the Cause of Motorcycle Accidents By Heidi Turner (Feb-1-10)
- California Helicopter Crash Claims Four Lives By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-10)
- School Bus Accident Death Revives Seat Belt Debate By Gordon Gibb (Jan-14-10)
- Illinois Plane Crash Kills Two By Gordon Gibb (Jan-10-10)
- Tragic Car Accident Claims Life of 22-Year-Old Washington Man By Gordon Gibb (Jan-7-10)
- Sacramento Car Accidents Claim Lives over the Holidays By Gordon Gibb (Jan-5-10)
- Los Angeles Car Crash Involves Commuter Train By Gordon Gibb (Dec-30-09)
- Texas Car Crash Kills Popular Teen Just Before Christmas By Gordon Gibb (Dec-28-09)
- American Airlines Flight Endures Hard Landing in Jamaica, Dozens Injured By Gordon Gibb (Dec-23-09)
- Car Collides with Train, Taking Two Lives in Vermont By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-09)
- Four Contractors Cited in Texas Employment Deaths By Gordon Gibb (Dec-18-09)
- Pilots Blamed by Employer for Buffalo Plane Crash By Gordon Gibb (Dec-17-09)
- Horrific Auto Accident Claims Five Lives By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-09)
- California Car Crash Update: Driver Charged By Gordon Gibb (Dec-1-09)
- Aviation Attorney Ron Goldman Explains Coordination of Clarence Center Crash Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Dec-1-09)
- Canadian Float Plane Crashes, Six Perish By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-09)
- California Auto Accident Tragedy By Gordon Gibb (Nov-27-09)
- Fire Accident Aboard Tugboat Claims Two Lives By Gordon Gibb (Nov-24-09)
- Rocking the Boat over Cruise Ship Accident By Gordon Gibb (Nov-22-09)
- Miley Cyrus Tour Bus Crashes, Singer Not on Board By Gordon Gibb (Nov-20-09)
- Two Killed, 21 Hurt in Minnesota Tour Bus Crash By Gordon Gibb (Nov-19-09)
- Former Death Row Inmate Killed in Texas Car Crash By Gordon Gibb (Nov-14-09)
- One Woman Dead and One Police Officer Injured in Connecticut Motorcycle Accident By Charles Benson (Nov-13-09)
- Two Plane Crashes, Two Mysteries By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-09)
- Heartbreaking Loss Surrounding Washington Car Crash By Gordon Gibb (Nov-10-09)
- California cop killed in gruesome car accident By Charles Benson (Nov-6-09)
- Gas Pipeline Explodes in Texas By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-09)
- Military Helicopter Crash Shifts from Rescue to Recovery: Officials By Gordon Gibb (Nov-3-09)