Legal News ArticlesNews articles include info about lawsuits filed, settlements reached and verdicts rendered in legal cases dealing with personal injury news, defective product news, bad drugs news and other news issues. Also listed are news interviews from people who have had their lives forever changed by bad drugs, investment fraud, personal injury, defective products and negligent employers - their only hope the lawyers willing to fight to protect their rights and bring them justice.
February 16, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Los Angeles, CA: A California labor lawsuit alleging wrongful dismissal and defamation was quietly settled earlier this week at the 11th hour after a jury had awarded damages to the plaintiff, but had yet to settle on punitive damages. While having awarded punitive damages in the case on Tuesday February 13, 2018, the jury recessed for the day with plans to deliberate the amount of punitive damages once reconvened. Late in the night on February 13, the two parties reached a confidential settlement, ending the dispute.Read [ Plaintiff Settles with Bank of America Corp. NA at the Eleventh Hour ]
February 15, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Denver, CO: An ERISA lawsuit that had its beginnings in 2016 has been granted class action status in a certification that could benefit tens of thousands of class members. At issue are allegations that fiduciaries acting on behalf of defendant Oracle Corp. failed to uphold their fiduciary duties by investing in funds and other investments that failed to maintain the best interests of 401(k) Plan members and other investors, at heart.Read [ Plaintiffs Litigating ERISA Lawsuit v. Oracle Corp. Achieve Class Action Status ]
February 15, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Los Angeles, CA: Zimmer, the maker of NexGen knee replacements and the defendant in a defective products multi-district litigation (MDL) has reached a preliminary settlement with the plaintiffs in the longstanding MDL.Read [ Tentative Settlement Reached in Zimmer NexGen Knee-Implant MDL ]
February 15, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: There is little doubt that the cloud which has been lingering for some time over Monsanto Roundup, billed as one of the most popular herbicides on the globe, remains controversial over continuing debate that Monsanto Roundup causes cancer: and specifically, the active ingredient known as glyphosate.Read [ EPA Now Says Monsanto Roundup 'Likely' Does Not Cause Cancer, Debate Continues ]
February 15, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Los Angeles, CA: The Johnson & Johnson Ethicon surgical mesh lawsuits just keep on coming. On January 19, 2018, Sharon Smith filed a new Hernia Mesh lawsuit in the US District Court for the Central District of California.Read [ California Woman Slams J&J, Ethicon with 7-Count Physiomesh Lawsuit ]
February 14, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC. Essure critics last week met with FDA chief Scott Gottlieb to discuss problems with the sterilization device, particularly Bayer's failure to warn of Essure's serious complications. But Gottlieb said they need to wait for Bayer to finish its safety study - in 2023! Perhaps those critics should have brought to the meeting lawyers, guns and money.Read [ More Pressure to Withdraw Essure ]
February 14, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Los Angeles, CA: Almost a year ago Bill Paxton, the actor who starred in “Apollo 13” died suddenly following heart surgery. This week, his family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the surgeon and the medical center where Paxton underwent surgery. The complaint asserts the surgeon was negligent as he misrepresented the risks of involved with the procedure.Read [ Family of Apollo 13 Star Bill Paxton File Wrongful Death Lawsuit ]
February 14, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
San Diego, CA: A medical professional who could no longer fulfill the functions of her occupation due to a diagnosis of Lyme disease, had her long term disability benefits claim denied by her LTD provider. Plaintiff Laura Wakil holds that Unum unfairly denied her LTD benefits that were rightfully hers' according to the terms of her policy, and she is taking the insurer to court after filing an Unum lawsuit in an attempt to achieve benefits resulting from her disability.Read [ Diagnosed with Lyme Disease, Plaintiff is Denied by Unum Disability Insurance ]
February 13, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Southlake, TX: Some DePuy ASR hip replacement patients are having problems finding a surgeon to perform revision surgery. Besides having to deal with a defective medical device, surgeons are in a dilemma and the FDA could have done more to help patients.Read [ Houston, We Have a Problem with DePuy ASR Hip Replacement ]
February 13, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Cruz,CA: Takata, the Japanese maker of airbags that contained defective inflators, which caused injuries and more than a dozen deaths of drivers and passengers, has reached a settlement to pay tort claimants.Read [ Takata Reaches Settlement Deal with Injured Drivers ]
- Unum Sued for Denial of Disability Benefits By Gordon Gibb (Feb-12-18)
- Xarelto Verdict for the Plaintiff Overturned in Bellwether Case By Gordon Gibb (Feb-11-18)
- The FDA Warning Letter RE: St. Jude ICD Batteries One Year Later By Gordon Gibb (Feb-10-18)
- Risperdal Patient "Never asked for Gynecomastia or Weight Gain" By Jane Mundy (Feb-9-18)
- Long Term Disability Denial Letter from Insurer is Not the End of the Road By Brenda Craig (Feb-8-18)
- Minnesota Consumer Sues Capital One over 128 Bill Collector Robocalls to Cellular Phone By Anne Wallace (Feb-6-18)
- Late for Lunch Spells California Labor Lawsuits and a Shifting Work Environment By Jane Mundy (Feb-6-18)
- Mother of Tasered Teen Files First Responder Misconduct Lawsuit in Texas By Gordon Gibb (Feb-5-18)
- Childhood Asthma Risk Linked to Mother’s PPI Use during Pregnancy By Anne Wallace (Feb-5-18)
- Are ER’s Cashing in on Upcoding? By Anne Wallace (Feb-3-18)
- Social Worker and Mother in Recovery 30 years from Opioid Prescriptions, Son Died from Overdose By Jane Mundy (Feb-2-18)
- Medical Device Manufacturer Admits to Wrongdoing, Faces $14 Million Penalty By Gordon Gibb (Feb-2-18)
- And Now There Are 21 Takata Airbag Deaths By Gordon Gibb (Feb-1-18)
- State of Georgia Settles Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, Lone Defendant Resigns By Gordon Gibb (Jan-30-18)
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler Case Awaits Consolidation Decision By Brenda Craig (Jan-29-18)
- DePuy Faces Yet Another Lawsuit Concerning its Attune Knee Replacement System By Gordon Gibb (Jan-28-18)
- Onglyza Litigation Ramps Up By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-18)
- Creditor Held in Contempt of Court for Violating Automatic Stay By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-26-18)
- Tracking Systems in the U.K Key to Care for Hip Implant Patients, But Non-Existent in the U.S. By Jane Mundy (Jan-26-18)
- Class Actions Get Relief for Uninsured and Overbilled Hospital Patients By Brenda Craig (Jan-25-18)
- How to Think Like a Plaintiff in a Unum Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jan-24-18)
- Plaintiffs in Class Action ERISA Lawsuit Allege Breach of Fiduciary Duties By Gordon Gibb (Jan-23-18)
- Lanzo Talcum Powder Mesothelioma Toxic Tort Trial Opens in New Jersey By Anne Wallace (Jan-22-18)
- Transvaginal Mesh Collateral Damage Too High for TVM Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jan-21-18)
- Kmart settles healthcare fraud lawsuit for $32.3 million By Anne Wallace (Jan-20-18)
- Uber enfrenta demanda colectiva en California By Fernando Marcano (Translation) (Jan-19-18)
- Despite Recent Settlements, Banks Still Bilking Consumers Out of Billions By Gordon Gibb (Jan-19-18)
- Takata Air Bag Recall Expands - 3.3M More Vehicles Affected By Lucy Campbell (Jan-19-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Plaintiff Starts New Year with Hernia Mesh Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-18)
- The First Bard IVC Filter Jury Trial and Expert Witness Testimony By Jane Mundy (Jan-17-18)
- Jungle Trux Drivers the Latest to Challenge Unpaid Meal and Rest Breaks By Lucy Campbell (Jan-16-18)
- Landscaper Employee Files Proposed California Unpaid Wages Class Action By Gordon Gibb (Jan-16-18)
- Will Monsanto-Sponsored Science Poison RoundUp Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Jan-15-18)
- Ohio Judge in Opioid MDL Wants Solutions By Brenda Craig (Jan-15-18)
- Emergency Room Charges and What to Do About Them By Gordon Gibb (Jan-14-18)
- Canadian Class Action Launched Against Defective St. Jude Cardiac Defibrillators By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-18)
- New Year, New Unum Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-12-18)
- Game Changer Ruling for Risperdal Plaintiffs in Pennsylvania By Brenda Craig (Jan-12-18)
- Another Death Has Been Blamed on Defective Takata Airbags By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-18)
- Road Outrage: California Truckers Denied Fair Wages and Benefits By Jane Mundy (Jan-10-18)