Request Legal Help Now - Free


California Students Sick from Bottled Water

At least 12 students in Santa Clarita, CA, became ill after drinking bottled Aquafina brand water from a vending machine located on the campus of La Mesa Junior High School.

The students began complaining of headaches, nausea and dizziness Thursday. According to Los Angeles County officials, the bottled water appeared to contain a 'bleach like substance.' When the students were questioned about the water after being admitted to hospital they also said it had a chemical aroma.

Bu Friday, all the children had been released from hospital. One child had received treatment after complaining of stomach cramps.

Aquafina water is bottled by Pepsi at plants that use public water sources. The FBI is investigating the incident.

APRIL-24-09: California students sick after drinking bottled water [AP: CALIFORNIA STUDENTS SICK FROM BOTTLED WATER]

Legal Help

If you or a loved one has suffered adverse health effects in this or a similar situation, please click the link below and your complaint will be sent to a lawyer who may evaluate your claim at no cost or obligation.
Published on Apr-24-09


Fields marked * are mandatory. Please read our comment guidelines before posting.


Note: Your name will be published with your comment.

*Email Address:

Your email will only be used if a response is needed.
*Your Comment:

Are you the defendant or a subject matter expert on this topic with an opposing viewpoint? We'd love to hear your comments here as well, or if you'd like to contact us for an interview please submit your details here.

Request Legal Help Now! - Free