Request Legal Help Now - Free

Advertisement
LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION

Medical Murder

Medical Murder

by Hubert Evans » Jun-29-05 11:32 pm

Evans vs Hesson (US District Court for the Southern District of Iowa) Added Pages:

Misdiagnosed as delusional, I suffered unnecessary pain, suppression, negligence and malpractice. Later it was found that I had Schistosomiasis, a parasite. And, I have other parasites and conditions doctors won't investigate or treat because it would show they were wrong and I was right for years. I continue untreated for remaining conditions, horrendous rectal and chest pain, bladder dysfunction, sub-dermal twitches in my scalp and body, retro ejaculation and many other symptoms. Positive serology for S. Mekongi early this year proved what I had and it was what doctors were swearing that I could not have, for years. This parasite infestation fit the symptoms I had repeatedly complained about perfectly, and I had told them repeatedly that I had parasites and they misdiagnosed it as psychiatric and threatened to lock me up or impose other punishing sanctions if I talked about this to anyone, any time, any place, ever. I documented all of it and have that documentation in two lengthy files, roughly one- or two-hundred pages each, and some smaller files. I went four+ years begging for a diagnosis and describing symptoms, which should have led doctors to a proper workup approach and diagnosis, but instead I couldn’t get adequate tests or credibility to get any Defendants to do that (until Drs Nnanji and Bawazer worked the psychiatric diagnosis to properly exclude delusional syndromes for sure). Doctors eagerly relied on previous notes about my case which were wrong or even just the whole denial/punishment approach taken by other doctors to deny me or dismiss me and ignore me entirely. I repeatedly begged and pleaded for correctional personnel to come and look at and measure or document the huge blood clots I passed during the year of 2003. They refused over and over and over. I was in the Iowa Dept of Corrections for a year-and-a-half on misdemeanor harassment charges during this story, a story of more than five years now. Bacterial infections are secondary to this parasite. Incarcerated, I had to flush rectally with soapy water using a plastic toothpaste tube to stay alive, and do so daily, while trying to dodge or evade a cellmate or two with whom I shared a small cell. The details of this story are horrific. I could not get help from the Iowa Board of Medical Examiners, Iowa Civil Liberties Union, or even the Iowa Ombudsman’s Office, which is supposed to be there for situations like mine. I could not get help from a federal judge or find anyone to intervene despite severe pain, unendurable for extreme periods of time. I look around and see people in Hollywood suing because they had a dog bark at them or were accidentally handcuffed and I compare it. I can’t believe lawyers won’t take the real malpractice cases. The phony ones make it to court instead. People say I would need an expert witnesses, but one of the doctors I would be suing would have to testify against herself and all the others and tell the jury she got back, from the CDC, a +serology for Schistosomiasis, just exactly like a doctor who discovered a sponge he left in a patient. The record is long of abuse, neglect and complaints which were misdiagnosed psychiatric or just ignored entirely, symptoms which perfectly fit a pattern of Schistosomiasis. I am so sick now I don’t know how much longer I will live. Doctors have abandoned me as of this writing, June 27th, 2005. The latest findings by urologist Moshe Wald and Bryndis Sigurdardottir, as well as the film of physical evidence, mean what I had predicted would be proven, even more as work went forward. They just hope no other doctors will follow through to those conclusions while they, themselves, refuse to carry the investigation any further. Now I have no doctor and my condition and pain worsens by the day. It took me three months or more to write 11 pages for a Disability Appeal because of my pain, bowel and bladder dysfunction and inability to consistently work at all. I didn’t keep a chart but many days I couldn’t do anything at all. Because of the distractions of pain, efforts at self-care, efforts to get medical help, extreme fatigue, and limited mobility, bending, sitting, standing, all are painful. Defecation is painful but I have rectal pain at all times now, even worse as each day goes by.

This suit is three suits: 1983 for those applicable, medical malpractice, etc. for those for whom that applies, and professional malpractice of law with violations of the Iowa Code and other legal standards. There is a whole lot more here than a burn from spilled coffee or a sponge left in my abdomen. It is clear the mistakes were propounded, propagated, and aggravated by the whole medical (and DOC where applicable) peer group, and efforts to cover up, put me off, and deny evidence of my complaints were engaged voluminously. My symptoms being so severe and my complaints so well and accurately expressed, it is not within standards of practice to not adequately look for a cause for my retroejaculate or parasitic symptoms I complained about. I told them over and over, as documented, that I had traveled to Vietnam and was suffering multiple parasite infestation. that should have been generously adequate to prompt a workup when it was accompanied by severe, long-term pain and exceedingly abundant physical evidence. “Schistosomiasis,” is the first term I spoke when asked by Dr Pardeep Sarswat at CCU what I could have in response to my claim that I had multiple parasites. They have no excuse to have let me be infected with and suffer the illness of Schistosomiasis for more than four years. Other infections were ignored during and before that period of time and continue now, even at this writing, which they refuse to work up properly.

Doctors, other medical persons and non-medical professionals consistently erred for long periods of time, in layers of cooperation among themselves in such a way as to hide all elements of my medical illness relative to my rectal disease and parasite infestation with S/Mekongi Species’ Schistosomula. From 1999 onward doctors failed to diagnose what is wrong with my rectum and that remains unassessed to this writing. Those responsible for my care colluded and manipulated using a wrong, convenient and misleading diagnosis which they hid behind. Thereby, they shrugged responsibility for a proper diagnosis and treatment and attempted to avoid liability for a multitude of additional errors by extending, through those misdeeds, time, to pass through the limitation of their legal responsibility. Such active and malicious escape can’t be legitimized or every doctor will do it, “Sponge? What sponge? You’ll go home and be quiet if you know what’s good for you!” No, it isn’t a legitimate passage of statutes of limitations in a circumstance where the deeds and misdeeds provide the very escape for those responsible. Doctors misdiagnosed multiple parasite infestation as delusional and there is no getting around the anguish and physical pain, my daughter’s sufferings, my losses in health and time, pain, torture.

What each person did to me, name, what, when, where, is in my documentation, however, I intend to write a summary to add for the court where I can give the details for each of the Defendants, exactly what was done to me by each. I suffered severe illness through several years as specified in my documentation and ongoing at this writing. During this time I also suffered neglect, malpractice, misdiagnosis and rights violations associated with that severe illness. My daughter, who assisted me in efforts to get the misdiagnosis of delusion corrected, suffered as well because of the mistakes of these doctors and others. She worked and worried diligently and the record shows her efforts to correct Defendant mistakes.

Violations began by neglect and ridiculing of my complaints by Doctors Labrecque and others when I first reported them as documented and dated by me. The violations took a new form when I went to Oakdale and doctors there, Ed O’Brien, Fredrickson, and Ph. D. Psychologist, Leonard Welch misdiagnosed me as delusional (an error previously born in record by Paul James, UI Family Practice) and saw fit to display me to others in examining rooms at Oakdale. This error followed through among other doctors and psychiatrists in Iowa’s DOC until worked up by Nnanji and Bawazer, with that workup completed by Bawazer at CCU in April 2003 with the conclusion that there were no delusions. But, that workup was not initiated until I was on telecom from Clarinda to Nnanji the second time, about Dec. 2003 (check record). By then my misdiagnosis had been very repeated and erroneously supported by officials and correctional personnel who encountered it, nurses and security personnel who let me suffer and used it as an instrument of threats and abuse instead of diagnosing and treating me accurately, for parasite infestation. In the DOC I was told, as documented, by a psychologists, unit managers, and counselors, that I was to not talk about my condition to anyone, any time, any place, ever, that I would be punished if I did. Mail from my longstanding therapist, Chris McCormick, was held away from me, mail intended by her to establish to them that my diagnosis of delusional disorder was a newly repeated error and didn’t fit my long psychiatric history with her establishment, Vera French Community Mental Health Center, Davenport, Iowa, where I had gone for monthly counseling since 1991. These were violations of my constitutional and other rights. DOC people and UI Attorney William Hesson named in this suit are under 1983 for this stuff. All names on my list, however, colluded with medical malpractice because they practiced medicine and owed this predicament their obligatory standard of practice. John Bowman is named for legal malpractice because he turned completely against me, his client. Without scientific or medical proof he turned against me, even to the point where he became abusive to me. He committed many violations including refusal to consult with me on the phone at all, refusing to let me come to his office, and telling me to get a job when this is clearly a disability case. In his actions he was telling me he did not believe me but believed doctors who I was looking to for help. That made it impossible for me to continue with him as counsel because no client can be expected to work with an attorney who clearly believed the opposing legal party is right and his client is wrong and freely expresses it in hostile invitations to the client to fire him. Bowman complained about the lengthy documentation I logged and sent to him on advice of another attorney. My clear documentation was long and included gory details of my condition and the abuse suffered from personnel around me, the basis of this petition. Attorneys aren’t allowed to just turn away from clients because of doubts, especially when those doubts are wrong as in my case and doctors he believed, instead of being right as he guessed, are later proved to be entirely wrong. I had and have parasites just like I told them and pleaded with them to test for. John Bowman was under written contract to do this case.
All this wording is intended to be rewritten by an attorney who knows the law because I don’t want to be responsible for technical mistakes which could be taken advantage of and allow the guilty to escape. I ask that the Court appoint an attorney to state the causes of action upon which relief can be granted, other elements, and refine and correct personal injury figures which I, as an extremely ill lay-person and client, could not be expected to articulately write about, within the parameters of legal standards. I also need an attorney to achieve justice properly in the court system. Much abuse was associated with the DOC handling of this illness while I was incarcerated. I was denied access to sick call for the rectal and other pain and blood clots, misdiagnosed delusional when my symptoms were from Schistosomiasis infestation since January 2001 when I was in Vietnam and got that, and forced to endure ongoing degeneration of my vital organs, as it was happening, while I told them repeatedly I had parasitic infection and they said I did not, that I should take psychiatric medication and it would all be OK. Defendants refused to document, treat, or even accurately diagnose. They forbade legal recourse or my even trying to seek medical advice outside their own doctors and psychiatrists by ordering me to not talk about that matter at all, ever.

When I got out of the DOC doctors Dobyns, Sigurdardottir, Schultz and Stapleton as well as Labrecque continued to misdiagnose me as delusional. When Dr Wald’s findings about my retroejaculate tended to support my claims about misdirection of my sperm and the serology for schistosomiasis confirmed I had been right and they had been wrong all along, as I had predicted would be proven, they saw that if they continued to work this up and investigate they may prove important details of my descriptions and predictions of what would be found. They knew that I had also began to film things they previously denied or claimed were delusional, such as passed blood and sub-dermal or muscular twitches I attribute to a different parasite. They knew about that. Maybe they decided to do as the doctors before them had and try to delay that until their two-year statute of limitations passed so they would no longer be responsible for what they had done. Scheduling really got slow and they started making me jump through ten hoops just to get an appointment. Dr Dwyer referred me to Urologist Wald with a plan for that and a urine study. I waited patiently for a week and, when I did not get a call as promised at the UI Urology desk (clerk had Dwyer’s green referral in hand last time I saw him, saying he would call me with the appointment time); when I waited patiently for a week and got no call I, myself, called for that scheduling they told me they were not going to see me again at all. When I left the hospital last, Doctor Dwyer and I had agreed on the plan above and, apparently, that plan was intercepted or countermanded mysteriously. Of course I was upset and told the call room staff so. They misinterpreted that and artfully paraphrased me to make the words threatening and now, on consult with unnamed doctors, William Hesson, the UI Hospital Attorney, has banned me from the hospital (since April 11th, 2005). I can not even see my primary care doctor there. Hesson spoke for all the doctors there, even those who want to see me, on behalf of those who don’t. UI is the designated hospital in Iowa for indigents, which I am. Hesson severed my medical care on hearsay statements elicited from call room personnel. He gave me no hearing, used secret witness, and went too far to think he can ban me from the hospital legitimately because of an angry conversation with the call room which is perfectly understandable in the context of this many years of malpractice and pain. As I write this line, June 27th, 2005, Hesson has not retracted that directive. Doctor Dwyer’s plan was altered by subterfuge. I was banned from healthcare, where I had been going for half a century, on the basis of hearsay statements about me from the call room employees. It was secret witness. I was not allowed to confront the witnesses against me. Secret witness has never been reliable evidence. It is not acceptable evidence in this country. I had no hearing at all, no due process, no way to present my side of the story in a fair way. Hesson was responsible under state law to not interrupt statutory provisions for indigents in Iowa for care at University Hospitals in Iowa City and to not interrupt care proscribed by those laws. He did so just to provoke me and then used that anger from me as his excuse to interrupt and stop my care on that basis instead of the truth, which is fear that what doctors would find would further a malpractice case against them, it would show even more that they had been wrong all along. This is nothing but manipulative administrative obstruction and administrative futility, probably recognizable by the court as present in previous cases where large numbers of Defendants attempted to shuttle mistakes and responsibility in ways to hide and weasel around misdeeds.

These doctors used suppression by force and design, hearsay, manufactured lies and false records, smoke screen science, repeated destruction of evidence, deliberate abuse and malice, as well as criminal acts, to keep themselves and their colleagues from being found out as negligent, inept, and criminal, in a long pattern clearly demonstrated in my own records and theirs. I begged for help and still do. No person can know the pain I went through, like I wrote in my documentation many times, so terrible I was living on hope to escape it by diagnosis and treatment, living from one minute to the next, one hour to the next . . . not for a long pain racked, insufferable day, but for years. They tortured me for years. Yet, every parasite known is diagnosable and treatable or curable.

I ask the Court to appoint a federal prosecutor to prosecute those responsible for crimes against me in this matter and appoint an attorney to help me. It is a very legitimate case which is extremely verified in records. an attorney can help me put my points in order as to damages due me. Below is a cursory initial estimate of what I am asking the court to award monetarily. Also, this would include discovery motions for a more thorough assessment of disease conditions, injunctive relief to correct my medical-care future, and additional calculations in regard to 42 USC 1983 violations or any other part which needs adjustment in this petition:

$ 6,000,000 Personal Injury: Punitive Exemplary Damages
$ 500,000 Personal Injury: loss of services (within standards of medical practice)
$ 1,000,000 Personal Injury: pain and suffering (physical torture)
$ 1,000,000 Personal Injury: emotional distress and mental anguish (mental torture)
$ 75,000 Legal Malpractice (John Bowman on Disabilities Case)
$ (to amend) Medical Costs
$ (to amend) Expert Fees
$ (to amend) Attorney Fees and Costs
$ (to amend)_ Wrongful Death (I expect Defendants to cause my death before this trial)

No patient should ever suffer an epic, marathon, odyssey of pain like this one, and no patient should ever have to argue with doctor after doctor when that patient is correct and the doctors are wrong . . . especially when it costs the toll this nightmare has punished upon me and my family. This text is intended for initial filing about early July ‘05 of a lawsuit by myself, Hubert Evans, against many doctors and psychiatrists who tortured me with my own infections. It is backed up, detailed, and documented by several files I’ve kept of the facts. Those files bear the coals of my murder, embers of living in fire, dying by a design of neglect and mental torture. My files will bring horrific monsters into the sunlight. Whoever can help me put these pages into a site where the files can be shown to the world, names named, the facts told . . . Hubert Evans, no email links, please.com I am in Davenport, IA

Doctors, Psychiatrists, Psychologists who neglected, misdiagnosed, suppressed, abused, threatened, and let me suffer without treatment in various ways, and others with roles:

*Douglas Labrecque, M. D.__________________ UI Center for Digestive Diseases
*Satish Rao, M. D._________________________ UI Center for Digestive Diseases
*William Rosen, Urologist___________________ Urology Associates, Davenport, IA
*Paul James, M. D._________________________ UI Family Practice Clinic
*Bernard Fallon, Urologist __________________ UI Urology (refused to treat)
Fredrickson, Psychiatrist ____________________ Oakdale (IMCC)
Leonard Welsh, Ph. D. Psychologist ___________ Oakdale (IMCC)
Ed O’Brien, M. D. _________________________ Oakdale (IMCC)
Chadi Calarge, Psychiatrist___________________ Oakdale (IMCC) tele to Newton
J. Nnanji, Psychiatrist _______________________ Oakdale (IMCC) tele to Clarinda
Harbans S. Deol, D. O., Ph. D., Dir. Med. Services_ Oakdale (IMCC/IA DOC)
B. G. Wiltfang, M. D. ________________________Newton Correctional Facility
Frank Filippelli, M. D.________________________ Newton Correctional Facility
Marty Marsh, Psychologist ____________________Newton Correctional Facility
Louis Gustillo, Psychologist ___________________Newton Correctional Facility
Steve Perlaski, Psychologist ___________________Newton Correctional Facility
Ann Mueller, M. D. _________________________ Clarinda Correctional Facility
Unnamed Doctor, M. D. (Elderly Physician) ______ Clarinda Correctional Facility
Steve Carpenter, Psychologist _________________ Clarinda Correctional Facility
Unnamed Psychologist, who attended Nnanji Appts Clarinda Correctional Facility
Pardeep Sarswat, M. D. ______________________ CCU/ISP Fort Madison
*Amanda Metcalf, M. D. _____________________ UI Center for Digestive Diseases
*Richard C. Dobyns, M. D. ___________________ UI Family Practice Clinic
*Hendrik Schultz, M. D.______________________ UI Infectious Diseases
*Bryndis Sigurdardottir, M. D. ________________ UI Infectious Diseases
*Jack Stapleton, M. D. _______________________ UI Infectious Diseases
*Neil T Dwyer, Urologist, ____________________ UI Urology
William W Hesson, Attorney __________________ UI Administration
Terry D Mapes, Warden _____________________ Newton Correctional Facility
Kristine Weitzel, Deputy Warden ______________ Newton Correctional Facility
Janice Berry, then B-Unit Manager _____________ Newton Correctional Facility
Vicki McQuiston, then a B-Unit Counselor _______ Newton Correctional Facility
Lt Castle B-Unit Manager with Berry on vacation __ Newton Correctional Facility
Rich Hutton, then A-Unit Counselor/Manager _____ Newton Correctional Facility
Bob Coady, then C-Unit Manager_______________ Newton Correctional Facility
*John Bowman, Disabilities Attorney at Law ______ 617 Brady St., Davenport, IA

Asterisk-marked are not 42 USC 1983 but medical and other professional malpractice.
Doctors, including Ph. D.s, psychiatrists and psychologists listed, are joined by various nurses (Pohl at Newton & Sales at CCU, for instance), other medical personnel, officials and minor personnel who also assumed roles. The name list could be amended when I get a lawyer. See Address List Page for addresses. Bowman is legal malpractice.

Nurses who are named in Evans vs Hesson, et al:

Head Nurse (named in documentation record), at Newton, who took me in a room with two other nurses and told me I was to not go on sick call at all for this rectal problem, that I had no rectal problem and was forbidden by threat of retaliation and punishment to do so.

Jeff Pohl, at Newton, who I recorded in my documentation during a horrific episode of blood clots in my stool and severe pain there at Newton. I had passed a large amount of blood clots about large-gumball-size (2 cm in diameter) with severe pain and reported to a correctional officer on C-Unit with a request he call Health Services. As recorded this nurse said, “Yeah, I know his history. He does that all the time. Tell him to get rid of it.”
This nurse was thus abusive, unprofessional, and his lack of scientific-medical protocol could have cost me my life and did make me pay in pain and neglect because of his ignorance and lack of conducting what should have been his responsibility.

Marilyn Sales, at CCU, who answered the accidentally-filed lawsuit in 2004 with support of Pardeep Sarswat’s neglect of me and thus supported the neglect of my conditions and misdiagnosis of delusions which had long-since been debunked by Chris McCormick, Randy Doyle, J. Nnanji, Michael Ryan and Abbas Bawazer, all qualified professionals to diagnose and to straighten out misdiagnoses. The work by the above-named (exluding nurse Sales) prectitioners was finalized in a note by Dr. Abbas Bawazer himself on 4/19/04 saying there was no delusional syndrome and no Axis I mental diagnosis at all. And, Dr Bawazer even wrote a referral to Dr Sarswat to look at my medical situation more closely tho’ that referral remained dormant and ignored by Dr Sarswat for months while I lay in my bunk or hunched on my commode nursing my bloody rectum, actively nourishing a huge hive of Mekongi Schistosomula.

Addresses for the doctors, psychiatrists and psychologists list:

UI _____________________________University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, Iowa 52242

Urology Associates; Davenport, IA __ Urological (sic) Associates, PC
(William Rosen, M. D.) 3319 Spring Street
Davenport, IA 52807

Oakdale (IMCC)_________________ Iowa Medical & Classification Center
Box A, Highway 965
Oakdale, IA 52319

Newton Correctional Facility _______ Newton Correctional Facility
307 S. 60th Ave W
P. O. Box 218
Newton, IA 50208

Clarinda Correctional Facility _______Clarinda Correctional Facility
2000 N 16th Street
Box 1338
Clarinda, IA 51632

CCU/ISP, Fort Madison ___________Clinical Care Unit
Iowa State Penitentiary
31 Ave G, Box 316
Fort Madison, IA 52627

(IBME) ________________________Iowa Board of Medical Examiners
400 SW 8th Street, Suite C
Des Moines, IA 50309-4686

Wiltfang at Newton no longer there __ B. J. Wiltfang
(last address I could get) 1129 Spencer St.
Grinnell, IA

Re: Medical Murder

by jimlaw » Mar-11-09 4:19 am

Medical negligence cannot be treated as a criminal offence This is the reason why most of the medical practitioners take their patients for granted.

It is important to contact a medical malpractice attorney right after the injury. :oops:

Atleast he/she will help you understand issues pertaining to your medical malpractice case.

Request Legal Help Now! - Free