Request Legal Help Now - Free

Advertisement
LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION

damiler chrysler 2.7 JUNK engine

damiler chrysler 2.7 JUNK engine

by kelli888klp » May-12-04 2:36 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that there ia an attorney in OHIO attempting a class action lawsuit against chrysler for the JUNK 2.7 engines.

One of our Client Attorney's has taken an Interest in this

by Admin » May-14-04 1:58 pm

If you have not already submited a free case evaluation you may do so here:
www.bigclassaction.com/la ... litre.php

One of our client Attorney's is reviewing the free case evaluations for a potential case.

by Guest » May-19-04 5:04 am

I've been trying to get someone to take on Chrysler for their junk engines since my 99 Durango siezed up at 50k miles! Nobody seems interested in this case at all! Why?

2.7 engine

by gr1996 » Jun-16-04 8:46 pm

I Have a Crysler Concord 2.7 that the engine seized up on due to sludge at less than 45000 miles. I have had no luck getting anywhere with this problem. As far as the attorney you are talking about in Ohio :?: ...Do I have to live in Ohio to be part of this suit????

2.7 chrysler engine

by cheryl » Jun-28-04 3:25 pm

Would like to know what my first step in trying to get chrysler to own up for their bad product. My 2000 Concord did not exactly seize up, but it was close. Bent rods, bent timing chain. I have it in a hometown mechanics shop now. Should I be trying to get my dealership to pay for the repairs or is that not my 1st step. I am a single mom and now am borrowing a car because I cannot afford another. Someone talk to me!

2. 7 litre engines

by beano » Jul-08-04 7:28 pm

okay here is the scuttlebutt from an insider on the 2.7 litre engines.dodge dealers are making huge amounts of money replacing them, so the dealers have no interest in the truth coming out about the motors and if enough people accept their patent denials then no recall will ever come about only if enough people complain and a lawsuit is filed and then daimler will have to release the figures concerning these motors. I worked at a dodge dealership as a service adviser the higher up dodge insiders believe that these motors have an internal coolant leak where the coolant somehow leaks into the oil inside the motor causing the sludging problem and subsequent motor failure. from the dealers perspective and chryslers these problems only occur normally in vehicles with over 36000 miles on them which is all of a factory warranty chrysler provides unless of course you buy their extended warranty then they handle this on a case by case basis .How many people have beleived their every word and replaced their engines out of their own pocket??? someone does need to pursue this attorneys if you read this e mail keep pushing this because I was just a lowely service adviser and god knows Chrysler has engaged in a massive cover-up to keep this quiet every parts person technician service adviser district manager service manager nationwide knows of these widespread problems with this 2.7 litre motor but its such a huge cash cow for them they are consp[iring as we speak to cover it up

98 Dodge Durango Oil-engine issue

by Justanothervictim » Aug-01-04 9:44 pm

Here is my story..110K miles on 98 Durango w/5.9L
On Beltway in stop and go traffic (Clue #1).
Oil Guage (OG) dropped to zero.
Stopped immediately.
Checked oil...none on stick! (Curious..Topped off oil <1Kmiles ago.)
Refilled Oil.
(Everyone with a Durango carries a case of oil around with them.)
Started engine, 50PSI and holding, no abnormal noise from engine.
Resumed driving, running good, solid oil pressure and no overtemp.
20miles later, got off exit, OG dropped to zero again after sharp turn (Clue #2).
Pulled over & shut down.
Checked oil, still full.
Restart, engine sound/running normal...drove 6 miles further to home, with 0 psi on gauge but engine never gave any indication it was in distress (no over temp or tapping-knocking). Assumed it to be a sensor or gauge failure.
Once home, researched on internet for failed sensors/gauges and opened pandora's box.
THE PLAN: Drop the pan, change the pump and screen assy.
Will research flushing engines (good and bad techniques) and the likelihood that I can get more miles out of the Durango and avoid investing 5-10K in a sinking ship..
SUMMARY:
I guess 5K-mile oil changes with Sunthetic oil was not enough to get foreign car life out of this particular vehicle.
I had all the other common problems with this Vehicle except the transmission (knock on wood.) I can even add a few problems to the list.
QUESTION:
If you know of the best way to clear sludge from an engine or can tell me if antifreeze leaking into the crankcase via leaks in the intake gasket are the root of
the problem I would like to hear more.

Thanks,
CCC

2.7 liter engine

by brandon » Aug-05-04 6:33 am

I also have a 2001 Intrepid and the engine went out at 50k.. I paid $5600 to replace it. The dodge dealership where I live, agress that these motors are a piece of junk and that Dodge needs to recall them.. Call the attorney and get this problem and lets fry dodge and get our money worth.......... :x :x :x :x :x

by kelli888klp » Aug-19-04 5:19 pm

hi TRH143

I think your idea is a GREAT idea

i'm going to start doing the same thing!!!

blown on the 4th of july

by ehurlo » Aug-27-04 6:00 am

how ironic for my 2000 dodge intrepid to blow its motor on the 4th of july. little did i know that that was only the small explosion. as I started to contact those individuals that could help me the explosions just kept popping up.
my intrepid completlely cut out while crusing at aprox. 35mph on a busy street. there was no warning of any type of trouble. we did manage to get the car restarted and drove it to a safe area. the dealer did arrange to have car moved to their shop since the car was not driveable.
the car was allowed to sit in a safe area for a few hours on the day of the blow-up. later we attempted to start the car but it would not start initially.
the oil was checked but none appeared on the dip stick eventhough my wife had added 3qts earlier that day. no visible oil leaks. we did manage to get the car started after several attempts. at this time a soft knocking sound was heard that became louder and then the engine started surging. for fear of further damage we shut the engine off.
we have since been told that total engine replacement is our only option. contacted chrysler and the dealership, both are saying they will offer no help with this problem.
this vehicle was purchased in sept.2003 and this happened a few days shy of being in our possesion ten (10) months.
thanks for the lawyer's name and number. :(

Junk 2.7

by Kraigc » Sep-07-04 6:51 pm

I have been out of my POS 2.7 99 trep with 65,000 for a few months now and I am still checking in on the sites to be absolutly amazed and ticked off at how people are still going through what I did, I feel deep from my heart to anybody that still owes on these cars Diamler Chrysler needs to be drove though the coals for what they are alowing to take place to consumers especialy people who have been long time customers. I can tell you this every person I see with one of these cars I tell about the chance that they may loose the engine and DUMP IT!! before it happens to them. When I first took mine to the dealer the service manager told me that they were very defective engines now what does that tell you that there own peope admit it! I paid mine off and and sold it for $900.00 to a mechanic went and bought a GM car goodbye Dodge and Chrysler for GOOD!!!.

daimler chrysler sucks

by daimler_chrysler_sucks » Oct-05-04 5:13 pm

my junk 2.7 liter just went last week with only 55,000. I called Chrysler and i got the same old song and dance that they have been telling everyone they told me that I WAS THE ONLY ONE THIS HAPPENED TO. The customer rep made me so sick to my stomach i had to just hang up on him. I knew it wasn't even worth fighting with him. After calling Chrysler i researched these JUNK engines and got even more SICK. ITS DISGUSTING WHAT THEY HAVE DONE to so many people. I then decided to call the national highway traffic safety administration. I told the customer rep there that i could not understand why these engines were not recalled years ago being that there has been so many complaints and even more importantly it is clearly a MAJOR safety issue. I don't know about everyone else, but when my engine went i was traveling a speed of 60 miles per hour on a busy expressway in Charlotte, NC. A huge semi-truck passes me 15 sec earlier. If the engine would have blown then Its terrifying to think of what could have happened( its a shame if one of us did lose our life over this only then would these engines be recalled)ITs sickening for it to go that far all so Daimler chrysler can save a buck. I will never even look at the direction of another Daimler chrysler vehicle now that i learned how that operate. The Customer rep at nhtsa suggested that everyone should write letters to
NHTSA
400 7th street southwest
Washington DC ,20590
ATTN:Office of defective
Investigations

supposedly there is an issue if this is a safety issue or just a consumer complaint about defective engines, so anyone who felt that their life was in danger when their engine went should definitly write. I dont know if this will help us or not, but I HOPE so. I think a class action will take forever. And I hate the thought of anyone getting hurt over these cars.

Re: One of our Client Attorney's has taken an Interest in th

by ksterling69@hotmail.com » Oct-07-04 2:38 pm

[https://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/lawsuit/2_7_litre.html

One of our client Attorney's is reviewing the free case evaluations for a potential case.[/quote]

One of my most current letters to the manufacture. Received a reply back that the unit was to far out of warranty as ususal.

Kathy Sterling August 31, 2004
29009 Laurel Pk rd. #194 home# (310) 763-7601
Dominguez Hills, Ca 90220
work# (800) 421-1640 ext#2907

Daimler Chrysler
P.O. Box 610207
Port Huron, MI 48061-0207

RE: 1999 Chrysler Sebring transmission failure
VIN# XE103200 (mileage 69,601)

Mr. LaSorda:

The ongoing issue (torque converter defect) that have been plaguing the 1999 Sebrings, as well as my own. This issue which has gone un-acknowledged and is wide spread on a great number of autos that you had the audacity to sell the general public remains un-acknowledged by your company. Why is it that your company cannot address this issue as it has arisen in a great number of instances and give faithful customers a solution
towards getting their product fixed instead of blatantly ignoring them as you have done.
I have spoken with several mechanics and it seems to be a known fact that the transmission are know to fail around 60,000 miles. Should I consider myself fortunate that it lasted an additional 9,000 over the predicted time frame? There is a problem with the picture here. Is that why I was made the offer several times by dealers to buy into a new Chrysler/Jeep? I guess I should have junked the car then. I had a slight reprieve of not having to have the car serviced so often and was under the impression that most of the bugs had been worked out. How wrong I was! It seems my problems were just beginning.

As you know the best form of advertising is through word of mouth. Customer satisfaction seems to mentioned several times throughout your product literature and on your website. Is there any truth to this? I am sure your company is committed to quality service and continued improvement as many of the other contenders do step up to the
Plate, admit to the known design flaw and assist their consumers.

And you know, what make it so bad, is that I have two of your defective autos. The 1990
Plymouth Voyager VIN#LR661047 (with less than 136,000 miles) along with the Sebring. I have had the transmission changed out twice along with the replacement of the motor twice. Does this not say something about the quality of the product you are manufacturing? I have spent over $5000.00 in repair of the van and currently have the Sebring in for service now with a transmission repair bill of $2300.00

In the past, after having the product serviced through the dealers and received calls a few weeks later from Chrysler questioning me about their service, and I gave them negative comments about the service and the car. It’s amazing how the diagnosis is always no trouble found until the warranty has lapsed.

(1)

1999 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXI from North America
Junk
What things have gone wrong with the car? Driver and passenger door panels fell off multiple times. Front rim is bent causing two flat tires and constant air leakage. Replaced three full sets of tires since the purchase of the car.Transmission started whining and slipping at around 69,000 miles Front left dash speaker blew, my friend had the same problem in his SebringThe breaks had to be replaced several times. Front end of car is too low. Grill is way too low to the ground causing easy damage from steep drive ups or downs, in and out of parking lots, driveways etc.

I, one of many, as a consumer feel that you should be obligated to contact customers and at least acknowledge these issues, or at least issue a letter of something, is that too much to ask to let them know this exists?

Please acknowledge this inquiry and convince me of that your care for your customers instead of the deafening ignorance that has been exhibited so far by your representatives.

Thank you and I eagerly look forward to your response.

Kathy Sterling

2000 intrepid with 2.7!

by MRK54 » Oct-08-04 9:17 am

i was wondering if my case of a bad engine would apply since it is a 2000? please let me know, and if there is anything I can do to help with any type of class action suit! I'm an 18 year old college student with a car payment on a vehicle that sits in my parents driveway. PLEASE HELP!!

by trh143 » Nov-22-04 6:18 pm

Has anyone heard anything about Daimler Chrysler losing the class action suit over the mercedes engines??? I was told my a mechanic that these engines had the same problems as the 2.7

Oil Consumption

by PTCruiserLoser » Nov-26-04 4:26 pm

My 2002 PT has 80,000Km (50,000mi) on it and my dealership ran an oil consumption study on it as I found it using excessive oil.

They found it used a litre every 1800Km. Chrysler said that falls within specifications and no action will be taken!
How do they come up with these specs? They say 1600Km/litre is the minimum.

Insane!

1998 DURANGO

by D HENSLEY » Dec-05-04 7:54 pm

2003 PURCHASED A 1998 DURANGO ALREADY REPLACED BALL JOINTS. AC COMPRESSOR,TIE RODS, AND AS OF NOV30 THE OIL PRESSURE GAUGE STARTED GOING UP AND DOWN WITHIN MINUTES TOTAL ENGINE FAILURE, I AM A SINGLE MOM STILL PAYING ON THIS VEHICLE I THINK CHRYSLER NEEDS TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE WORD WILL GET OUT AND THY WILL LOSE ALOT .

piece of shit car!!!!!

by danielj1227 » Dec-28-04 9:37 pm

My piece of shit Intrepid blew at 50,000. I am not able to take out anymore loans at this time so I feel that i have no choice but to get this piece of shit FIXED. No matter how sick it makes me. I was told that there are some cheap stores online that sell these piece of shit engines a little more reasonable than others. Does anyone know of any???
Thanks

Re: damiler chrysler 2.7 JUNK engine

by Guest » Jan-24-09 10:08 am

i manged to get 125000 out of my 2000 Concorde . just blew yesterday going 15mph

Request Legal Help Now! - Free