Request Legal Help Now - Free

Advertisement
LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION

BAD FUEL SOLD BY SHELL AND TEXACO

BAD FUEL SOLD BY SHELL AND TEXACO

by screnetest » May-31-04 12:43 am

- Roughly 600 Shell and Texaco gasoline stations in parts of Florida and Louisiana temporarily halted their sales after customers complained the gasoline damaged their fuel gauge sensors, Shell Oil said Friday.
"We've asked our Shell and affiliated Texaco branded stations that were affected to stop selling gasoline due to elevated levels of sulfur in the fuel," said a Shell spokeswoman.
Gasoline with excess sulfur can damage fuel gauges, leaving drivers vulnerable to running out of gas without warning, she said.
This could prove inconvenient for motorists planning to get away for the U.S. Memorial Day holiday weekend -- typically the kick off for the peak summer driving season in the United States, the world's biggest consumer of motor fuel.
The problem caused the closure of 140 gas stations in New Orleans, Louisiana, amounting to 40 percent of the city's stations, and 450 stations in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa and Sarasota in Florida, adding up to five percent of the stations in the Sunshine State.
The fuel was produced from Shell's joint venture Motiva LLC refinery in Norco, Louisiana, the spokeswoman said. She added that the refinery continued to operate during an investigation into the cause of the high sulfur levels.
The gasoline was sold from the company's Kenner, Louisiana, fuel terminal, where the stored gasoline has since been treated with an additive to lower the sulfur content.
The spokeswoman added that the gasoline at the affected retail stations would be returned and treated to remove the excess sulfur.
Shell Oil is a unit of Royal Dutch/Shell Group.
-----------------------------------

I just purchase a SUV in January of 2004. I reside in Sarasota. I purchased gas from Texaco, and Shell all the time as I travel to Tampa and other locations throughout the state. After I fillied my gas tank to the brim with Shell gas in Tampa-I noticed the fuel gas indicator level indicated my gas tank was empty. I purchased more gas in Sarasota-thinking it might be a fuse or something electrical. There's no hole in the gas line of this brand new vehicle-so I went to an auto repair shop to ask why all of a sudden the gas gauge shows my gas tank on empty. I was told that the tank fuel sensor was damaged, and that is would cost me approximately $800-to fix the problem. I was told that it probably was bad gas. I thought myself-oh no-not again, because I have purchased 4 vehicles in the last 5 years and everyone has had the same symptom for it's demise-bad gas. Volvo-bad gas, (2)Jeep SUVs-bad gas, Bonneville Station Wagon-bad gas, and 2 Ford Explorer's-one now with and indication of bad gas. 3 cars have been donated as I gave up trying to contend with the same problem over and over. Now I just purchased these Ford SUV's because I "REALLY" need transportation, and I'm so paranoid about being without transportation-and with jobs being tight-I just can't afford to not have a good working car. I feel that these fuel companies have been selling this bad fuel for years in Florida, and there may be a bad health environment hazard associated with the bad gas. If it wasn't for the sensor going bad-I'm sure they would have continued to sell this bad fuel. Now either they conspired to sell this gas to an area of the country that has little environmental protections regarding emissions, or the are negligent in selling a bad product to consumers? ANYWAY, I would like to know if there is anyway, that I can suit to at least repair my vehicle, and I'd like to know how to get an investigation started to find out how many other Oil companies are operating the same way in my state. As high as the price of gasoline is-I should be purchasing-the real thing, and the real thing should not be damaging my vehicle-or my health.

Has anyone else had this same problem with purchasing bad fuel? :cry:

Bad fuel

by tks776 » Jun-03-04 4:10 am

I haven't had the problem w/th the sensor but,I can purchase gas anywhere in town and my car runs smooth. If I purchase it at BP my car spits and sputters and I get hardly any mileage. I'm stumped. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanx!

Posen Michigan :?:

Oil Companies Get Us Into Wars - Who cares about your cars?

by WieLayman » Jul-06-04 2:49 pm

:evil: This is so disgustingly like the US Oil Companies to try and pull a fast one like this. However, now that it's out, my understanding is that you can have the sensor repaired and shell must re-imburse you for the repair.

But the deeper question is what are we doing to keep the Oil Barons in check? Putting them in the White House has only made it worse, much worse. If this country allows an oil Barron as both president, vice president and chief of national security (to name a very few), then what do yuo expect? Do you really beleive GW Bush and Dick Cheney are in the White House to help you and me - regular hardworking folk? No way! They took the attack on the WTC and turned it into a war for oil - nothing to do with WMD's or Liberty.

So I ask you, if these people will send our troops off to fight and die in some horrible place for all the wrong reasons, do you really think they care about your car, you, your family or your life? Not one bit. Just ask Mr. Cheney, one of the biggest profiteers in the war today. He'll just tell you to go "no email links, please%$* Yourself." (Classy guy, isn't he?). OIL GANGSTERS RUN THIS COUNTRY -THERE'S NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT.

Anybody But Bush in '04. :!:

by dhughes » Sep-13-04 2:31 pm

It happened in Canada too you know.

BAD FUEL

by LMARTIN » Nov-06-04 8:49 am

How interesting!! I live in Lancaster, CA and just put out over $1700.00 for new fuel injectors, fuel pump and had to have the tank washed out due to contaminated fuel which caused engine failure to my 2 month old, 2004 Camry. I purchased my gas at Texaco which is an affiliation of Shell. I understand there were over 100 cars in my area affected by the contamination also. Shell claims they still don't know what the catamination was and will not refund my money until I sign a waiver to release them from all liabilities due to the bad fuel. I am hoping there is an attorney out there to help us here in Lancaster!!!!

bush

by redacarr@aol.com » Nov-08-04 4:57 pm

i want bush to be tried as the criminal he is

Request Legal Help Now! - Free