Request Legal Help Now - Free

Advertisement
LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION

Anthems excessive premiums

by crabbyteacher1 » May-28-04 11:35 pm

I'm outraged at what is taking place with Anthem. They promised that when they became a "demutulized" and a "for profit" company several years ago that it would have no affect on our premiums. My premiums went from about $380 to over $1,100 in a matter of 5 years.

I wrote several appeals to Anthem; sent them to the "Big wigs." I didn't get one response. In the end I lost my insurance because I didn't have almost $1,200 a month to pay for private insurance. I'd sure like to find others in the same perdicament.

Personally, I think they are no better than some of the other companies like Enron and Martha Stewart! If you look at what the executives and directors get paid at Anthem, you can see why the insurance industry is going crazy. Healthcare costs are sky rocketing due to these people lining their pockets with our money.

Anthem

by Carolanne » Jul-18-04 11:47 am

:oops: I agree I just signed up and already the premium was increased within one month! Crazy!

by catzba » Jul-20-04 11:36 pm

I don't know about Anthems, I do know about my health insurance costs as a self-employed person, and their excessive costs. Factor in also the workers compensation recipients and doctors who are lining their pockets overstating injuries, and all the abuse in the medi-cal and medicare system. I know of recipients in their 20's who get on such programs with minor transient health problems I assume those doctors also overstate their condition to get a steady paycheck at taxpayers expense. I even know some that aren't that bad off that get free house-cleaning at tax payers expense, and then all the people who can't pay their medical bills. No wonder the working class have higher premiums on top of footing their bills through taxes.. though some recipients are entitled, there is a lot of abuse of the system.

Request Legal Help Now! - Free