Jennifer Parker, who resides in South Jersey, found that wherever she went, she would get sick, MyFoxPhilly.com reports.
The illness reportedly left a multitude of doctors scratching their heads, forcing Parker to continue to ask health professionals about her unusual symptoms, which ranged from nausea to memory loss, as well as developing pink fingerprints.
READ MORE TOXIC MOLD LEGAL NEWS
"I didn't know that the mold was growing in my home because I couldn't see it," Parker told the news provider. "It was up in the attic."
Since being diagnosed, Parker said she is now allergic to household chemicals that can be found in "everything from upholstery to detergent." She claims the toxic mold exposure has left her immune system weakened.
To avoid the household mold problems she's experiencing, Parker moved into her parent's backyard in a tent to keep her away from the chemicals she's allergic to. Through treatment, it's expected she will make a 70 to 90 percent recovery in six to eight months.