Request Legal Help Now - Free

Advertisement
LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION

Honda's/Acura's transmission

Honda's/Acura's transmission

by Deadfox » Sep-22-04 2:33 pm

Is anyone else here concerned about their HA transmission?

Re: Honda's/Acura's transmission

by Guest » Oct-14-04 4:28 pm

Deadfox wrote:Is anyone else here concerned about their HA transmission?
YES, I AM VERY CONCERNED . I WAS ALMOST KLLED ON THE EX[RESSWAY WHEN MY TRANSMISSION WENT . I HAVE A 2003 AND HAD THE RECALL FIXED 3 WEEKS EARLIER. A BRAND NEW CAR NOT TO MENTION EXPENSIVE SHOULD NOT HAVE TRANSMISSION ISSUES. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Honda/Acura transmssions

by Responder » Oct-20-04 8:16 am

You are not the first and won't be the last story of how someone was injured or almost killed ,due to the 5spd transmission. There are websites found through any major search engine where you can read horrific tails of how these transmission's have been failing for four straight years .

If it's not enough that the failure's have caused accident's with ensuing injurie's ,the failure's are not just happening once in a single car there are many people who have had multiple transmission failure's. These people on the Acura forum's have had 2,3,4,5,6 transmission's in a 3 to 4 year period.

There are many people who by some "fate", whom have escaped death or injury due to these defective transmission's, but some could not avoid the injury the defective transmission caused. There are no "known " case's of any death's related to these transmission failure's, but take note we are speaking of KNOWN case's because if one had their transmission fail in one of the catastrophic way's which are described on the website's and did not live to tell how the accident occured ,then it would NOT then be able to be known.

The 5spd powertrain transmission have had numerous type's of failure's. There have been service bulletin's issued by the manufacturer,that were said to be a FIX . These have all obviously failed,as the people whom have had numerous transmission's replaced can vouch .

There has only been one ACTUAL recall and it was fairly recent . The recall was to install a seperate aparatus that is attached to the intact transmission . This is a SAFETY recall. The recall is a bandaid attached to the defective transmission to allow extra lubrication to the 2nd gear so that the 2nd gear might not overheat as it was discovered that the 2nd gear in these 5spd transmission would get excessive heat and weaken the metal of the 2nd gear so that it could/would chip the teeth in the gear or literally break the 2nd gear causing the transmission to lock up while driving.

If you again read the Acura forum's you will note MANY people whom have had this recall OIL JET KIT ( the aparatus that lubricate's the 2nd gear) installed have had failure's AFTER the device has been attached.

The most important aspect of these 5spd transmission are the SAFETY issue's that come along with owning one of these ACura's/ Honda transmission's.

Just HOW many injurie's ,near accidents and horrifying expierience's will it take to get a TOTAL recall on this obviously defective transmission?

How can we KNOW if these failure's have not caused an accident where DEATH has ensued ,but is not known ,because there were no survivor ( survivor's ) of the car that had the transmission fail and thus was the cause of the accident?

Who is in charge of roll call ? Who decide's exactly what number of failure's in this OBVIOUS SAFETY DEFECT ISSUE ,before they are no longer allowed to use these same tranmssion's in their model car's?

How many LICK'S Will it take to get to the CENTER of the ******

"The WORLD may never KNOW"

Acura Transmission

by Concerned Consumer » Nov-01-04 11:22 pm

I own an Acura TL 2000 model and I'm going on my second transmission. I no longer live by a dealer. The nearest dealer is 90 miles away and Acura will not pick the car up and bring me a loaner. They say I have to take care of getting the car to their location. If I drive it I risk injury. How is this just? Or I can bring it to a Honda dealer and play for replacement and they will reimburse me. I'm fed up with Acura and after researching on the internet believe that their 100,000 mile warranty extension is not an adequate remedy for the situation. Besides the fact that it's a safety issue, the cars are worthless when you get past the 100,000 mile mark. I purposefully bought this car because I didn't want service problems and wanted to get a decent resale value when I ready to get a new car. I'm now at 87,000 miles getting the second transmission. And I have to get rid of it before 100,000. Who is going to buy it? Internet rating sites are saying "Don't buy if it has over 100,000 miles because the transmissions are no good!" If I would have known this was a disposable car I would have never purchased it. Why has there not already been a class action suit? When I had the first transmission put in it they knew the transmissions were faulty and they told me. One service technician said there was a recall and another technician corrected him and said there was not one.... Looks like a cover up to me. The latest recall is news to me. I've received no notification of such a recall and they still have an active mailing address for me!

by owner » Nov-12-04 7:56 pm

Reading this is very disturbing,how can they be getting away with this??? i didn't know the problem was this big and has been going on for such a long time! when people are dying and getting hurt its time to draw a line!

h/a trans

by rikk » Nov-15-04 4:50 pm

does anyone know of pending suits regarding these FAILING trans?

honda acura powertrain tranny

by leftfoot » Feb-03-05 8:09 pm

i was going to buy a honda but sawt his first thankfully i looked at the links here and it led me to some pretty bad incidences with these cars wow never knew that could happen sounds very dangerous they are probably working on it i'm sure.

Another Class action link

by Martin » Feb-03-05 8:56 pm

Here's a link to www.bigclassaction.com/lawsuit/acura.php another class action.

POS ACURA

by Guest » Feb-24-05 4:57 pm

Im just going to be qucik

BOTTOM line...

POS acura tranny locked up and caused out 03 TL-s to get into an accident that hurt my fiance. Honda/Acura has the nerve to tell us to contact our insurance companyabout accident. It was cause by the faulty tranny. Had I known that this car has the ability to kill I would have invested in something more secure. Something has to be done.

Accident tranny failure

by Me » Mar-21-05 9:32 am

Whomever was involved in the Acura accident due to tranny failure ..please give me a way to contact you. I too was involved inn an accident due to tranny failure...... How can we speak? Please leave me a contact email ..I am NOT an Attorney ,but like I said have been involved in an accident myself ...I have ALOT of inside info for you!

2 many failed transmissions

by skinneyken » May-29-05 11:25 pm

American Honda needs to take responsibility for the failed transmissions before my family owns Honda. I have had 2 transmission replacements free of charge. Now only 3 years later I need another one. American Honda will pay for the part as long as I pay for the labor (we all know labor is more than the part). I said "hell- no" see you in court! Please people write American Honda and let them know your story and hope they are real people like us and they will do something about these bad tranny's. Here's the address just in case:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, Ca 90501-2746
P.S. Here are some head honcho names: Koich kondo (COO)
Takeo Fukui (CEO)

Request Legal Help Now! - Free