July 22, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Although the Composix Kugel Mesh
hernia patch was recalled in 2005, and in its wake the manufacturer offered settlements in about 2,600 lawsuits, claims are still being filed. Earlier this year, The American Surgeon
reported a case of mesh migration several years after a woman had hernia surgery.
Read more [ Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch
] Legal News
or [ Get Legal Help Now
July 22, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Baton Rouge, LA:
It’s been a little over a year since a group of 10 plaintiffs hooked into some drilling mud-slinging with a group of defendants, accusing them of needless exposure to asbestos while working on offshore drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. The ten, claiming to suffer from “asbestos maladies,” filed their drilling mud lawsuit
in Louisiana on June 10 of last year.
Read more [ Asbestos Drilling Mud
] Legal News
or [ Get Legal Help Now
July 21, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
New York, NY:
A class-action lawsuit now based in New York but having its roots in California as a California labor lawsuit
will carry on after a New York judge refused to grant summary judgment for the defendants. Barnes & Noble, the bookseller, is accused of falsely classifying employees as exempt for the purposes of escaping the need to pay them overtime, or so it is alleged.
Read more [ California Labor Law
] Legal News
or [ Get Legal Help Now
In Legal News Today: Top Lawsuit News and Legal Insight
- Asbestos Mesothelioma [en Español]: health issues and cancer caused by asbestos exposure...
- Risperdal side effects include Risperdal gynecomastia (male breast growth), tardive dyskinesia, high blood sugar and diabetes, stroke, heart attack and even death.
- Overtime, California [en Español]: investigating overtime law violations in California...
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: alleging that certain drugs cause this deadly skin inflammation...
- Actos [en Español] alleging bladder cancer, heart or kidney damage may have been caused by use of Actos...
- California Labor Laws: alleged violations of state labor laws such as overtime...
- Yasmin, Beyaz and Yaz [en Español]: potentially fatal blood clots caused by birth control...
- Texas Employment Law alleged violations of Texas labor laws including overtime pay, discrimination and harassment.....
- DePuy ASR Hip Replacement [en Español]: alleging design flaw causing hip device failure...
- Mirena IUD [en Español]: risk of uterine perforation...
- Januvia Side Effects [en Español]: Januvia Cancer, Januvia Pancreatitis, Januvia Lawsuit
- Safyral Birth Control [en Español]: Reported increased risk of blood clots.....
- Emergency Room Charges: alleging hospital overcharging on emergency room bill...
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Implant: linked to increased risk of metallosis...
- GranuFlo Recall: Fresenius Naturalyte Liquid Acid Concentrate and Naturalyte GranuFlo recalled by FDA...
- Victoza Side Effects include possibility of Pancreatic and Thyroid Cancer.....
- California Wrongful Termination: Alleging unjust termination of job....
- Testosterone Treatment Lawsuit [en Español]: Men who take testosterone drugs are at increased risk of stroke and heart attack.....
- Dehumidifier Recall - Gree, Frigidaire, GE, and others Dehumidifiers recalled due to concerns about overheating and potentially catching on fire
|FEATURED LAW FIRM:
[ Have your Law Firm Featured Here ]
More than 2.6 million visitors a year!
AIWAZIAN LAW FIRM
Sue Your Boss and Collect Unpaid Overtime. Count on us to fight for you against stingy employers who refuse to pay overtime or provide meal breaks. Also vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect.
[ Contact This Lawyer ]
Sign up and get instant email alerts for the cases that interest you.
*Free Email Alerts*
[ More Info ]
|Are You Owed Lawsuit Money?
You may be owed money from a class action settlement. [ CHECK HERE ]
Emerging Legal Issues and Potential Lawsuits
[ More Potential Lawsuits
[ Free Instant Email Alerts
Lawsuits and Class Actions Filed
[ More Lawsuits Filed
Lawsuit Settlements and Verdicts
[ More Settlements and Verdicts
Click to learn more about LawyersandSettlements.com
LawyersAndSettlements.com is a trusted, independent legal news provider specializing in a wide range of legal issues including personal injury lawsuits, class action lawsuits, medical lawsuits and harmful drug cases, employment law cases and labor laws, defective products, auto accidents—all the legal issues that concern and impact our readers' lives. As a trusted, independent legal news provider, our team of legal correspondents, investigative journalists and legal editors research timely legal issues and legal complaints that often develop into lawsuits or class action suits. Our team coverage monitors the latest developments in these cases—from lawsuit or class action filing through final settlement.
Given our in-depth coverage of these key legal issues, LawyersAndSettlements.com is also a trusted source of legal information for class action lawyers and personal injury lawyers—as well as for legal researchers, paralegals and law students. Our journalists present not only the facts of each case, they also interview the key participants—class action plaintiffs, personal injury victims, and the class action lawyers and personal injury attorneys who represent them. Whether it's ground-breaking litigation, a drug recall with global reach, or a violation of California labor laws, our team provides the coverage that helps keep you informed.
Often when a reader is confronted with a legal issue or concern, it is a time of confusion and emotional distress. Between possible physical injuries, medical bills and emotional stress, the legal process—and just finding legal information or legal help—can be overwhelming. We understand that. As a matter of fact, while everyone at LawyersAndSettlements.com is well-versed in legal matters, no one on the editorial staff is a lawyer or in any way a part of a law firm. Not only does that ensure our journalistic integrity, but it also allows us to see legal issues from the most important perspective—yours. We understand the legal questions you have. From questions about personal injury settlements to what's involved in addressing medical legal issues or how to find a lawyer to help with employment law cases, LawyersAndSettlements.com provides the answers and legal information you need to help you make informed decisions and find legal help.
Finding a personal injury lawyer or joining a class action lawsuit as a lead plaintiff can be daunting—even for those who've worked with a lawyer previously for personal matters—such as to create a will, file for divorce or establish power of attorney. Knowing that, LawyersAndSettlements.com does accept advertising from personal injury lawyers and class action attorneys—by doing so, lawyers who specialize in medical lawsuits, employment law cases, class action lawsuits and personal injury lawsuits make themselves more accessible to readers who have legal complaints. Having your case reviewed by a lawyer is free—and it only takes a minute or two to submit a claim.
One of the most challenging legal issues that a reader can face is a harmful drug case. Sometimes there has been a drug recall. More often, harmful drug side effects arise without warning—and sometimes it takes quite some time before a diagnosis is made to connect the harmful drug to the negative side effects. As a patient, filing a medical lawsuit or even contacting a medical malpractice attorney, defective medical device lawyer or harmful drug attorney is often the last thing on a harmful drug victim's mind. Medical legal issues often have statutes of limitations for filing medical lawsuits and they can also require a fair amount of documentation—all of which can be overwhelming for a victim. That's why it is often not only easier, but also recommended, to have the details of any medical legal issues reviewed by a lawyer who specializes in medical lawsuits. At LawyersAndSettlements.com, we provide readers with a convenient, trusted and free way to have their medical legal issues reviewed by a lawyer.
Millions of LawyersAndSettlements.com readers benefit from our in-depth coverage of the legal issues that affect all of us every day. Our Class Action and Personal Injury Newsletter provides weekly updates on top legal news stories, new lawsuits, class action suit filings and personal injury settlements. In addition, LawyersAndSettlements.com readers can subscribe to Instant Email Alerts that provide breaking coverage on emerging legal issues, defective product and harmful drug recalls, and FDA warnings and labeling changes on prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications.
Online Legal Media accepts advertising from lawyers, and is not a lawyer referral service.